The fabulous Chloe of This Girl’s City bestowed upon me the honour of receiving The Versatile Blogger Award. I was extra touched because I heart Chloe’s blog and her tweets. I also took it as the swift kick in the butt I needed to finally make me post something on here. (I didn’t post any entries in March! Who am I? I was busy getting my ducks in a row!)
For my part, I’m to share seven random facts about myself…so here we go:
- I have a crazy memory for detail. Often, I am teased by my friends about my ability to pull out random facts or recount detailed happenings and direct quotes from the past. I can probably tell you what outfit I was wearing to every single event that I have ever attended. I’m not kidding.
- As a kid, I was obsessed with repeats of the ’60s television show The Monkees. I owned tapes of all their music and I wanted to marry Davy Jones.
- I am a master at the game 21 and can out shoot all of the best basketballin’ boys and girls I know…even when I’m wearing a dress and heels.
- I am addicted to buying magazines; fashion, sports, music, tabloids, you name it. For years, I kept them all and housed a massive collection in my bedroom. It got to the point where my parents forced me to purge most of them, for fear that the floor of my room would cave in. I am currently in recovery for this addiction. The only magazines that I usually still buy monthly are Nylon and Vogue. And I read magazines from back to front, always- never front to back.
- I sing at the top of my lungs when I’m alone in my car; my favourites to sing along to? Matt Good and Alanis Morissette. Occasionally I pump up the Britney. I actually prefer to drive places alone because I love to sing in my car and won’t do it if I have a passenger.
- The Montreal Canadiens were my favourite hockey team growing up. I was head over heels in love with Patrick Roy. At age 10, I could be seen walking around fully decked out in Habs gear. I had it all, including boxer shorts (which I wore hanging down underneath my Umbros) plus an array of t-shirts, hoodies, hats and track pants. I even owned Habs socks and running shoes.
- I often compare situations in life to episodes of Friends. I have been known to insert random Friends quotes into regular conversation. (This happens more frequently when Smith is around.) I tend to speak about Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Joey and Phoebe as if they’re my real friends.
Now I get to pay this prestigious honour forward. I want to know seven random facts about these babes:
Photo: Katie Mabey on Flickr
Just a quick word to you amazing readers so that you don’t think I’ve fallen of the earth’s surface. It’s been too long since there were proper words on a page. I can’t believe it’s almost February! 2011 seems to be rushing by so fast- January has certainly been quite a whirlwind. Obviously I’ve been completely neglecting the blog, for which I do apologize. Life and work have been crazy and busy (in a good way), leaving me inspired but without much time to write. Please bear with me. I promise to share some content in the coming days and weeks.
The sky is way bigger than I ever thought it could be
I really can’t see where it ends
Clouds like bubbles in a sink touching my face
Makes me forget how to think
-Those Dancing Days- Run Run-
I think it’s important to take a step back every now and then to enjoy the little things in life; take stock of what makes you happy (even the guilty pleasures) and let the small things slide.
Some things that make me happy: my shiny new computer (and being a Mac convert), the subsequent photo and video shoots with Photo Booth (obsessed), sushi, making lists, shopping, my pink snuggie, writing, SNL, movie previews, watching hockey, wandering around the city by myself, family time, cupcakes, reading a book I don’t want to put down, weekend brunch, feeling like I have accomplished something, MTV “reality” shows (except Jersey Shore- I do not get that one), fresh sheets, good wine, live music, making people laugh, late night talk shows, basketball games, new episodes of Gossip Girl, wearing a new outfit for the first time, fashion magazines, people who live with passion, enjoying delicious meals with good friends.
What makes you happy?
Photo: We Heart It
I’m currently going through what I like to call my “Fall Hermit Phase.” It’s pretty typical for me. After a busy and social summer, I’ve happily spent the last few weeks laying low. Work has been go, go, go and admittedly, I haven’t wanted to do much more than loll around in my down time. One might call me an Anti-Social Anna. It seems that stress is quite the little energy zapper. So tonight I find myself in bed, curled up under my duvet avec laptop, listening to the rain and Regina Spektor. It’s not that I didn’t have twelve errands to run tonight, it’s just that once I got home and changed into my Groove pants, there was no chance I was leaving the apartment.
Pumpkin scones taste like autumn. True story. What more do I need in life? Pumpkin scones, my snuggie, a puppy, the new issue of Vogue, olives from Urban Fare, a volcano filled with money, Christmas music and Jimmy Fallon. Whether or not I have all of these things is irrelevant.